Select Desired Application/Manual
To obtain the certifications CAC, CADAC, and AADC, you will be required to download specific PDFs, including the general manual and supplemental materials based on your certification objectives.
Use dropdown to select appropriate form.
To provide a user-friendly payment experience, we have implemented a dropdown menu system along with a payment link. By utilizing the dropdown menus, you can easily select the desired certification and corresponding action. We offer the following options for payment:
- Remote Proctored Testing (Note: The Prometic instruction manual is included in the downloadable file for this option)
- Onsite Testing
To proceed with payment, simply click the link below. It will redirect you to the payment page where you can complete the transaction securely:
Please take a moment to fill out the appropriate form.
Please take a moment to submit the appropriate form.
What happens after I pay for my exam?
You will receive an email from SMT within 7 to 10 days!
Once ABCAC has received and processed your application and payment, you will receive an email directly from SMT Testing our test service provider. Processing time is between 7 and 14 days. If you any questions regarding testing you can contact SMT at (Click Here)
If you haven’t received an email from SMT after 14 days please feel free to email ABCAC at [email protected]
Exam Study Materials
Available Study Books
At the links below you will find study guides IC&RC endorses for their respective programs. IC&RC does not participate in the development or publication of these guides, However, IC&RC does feel that the information in each guide is information candidates should know to prepare for their examination. Examinations may contain additional information not covered in each guide so candidates should be sure to prepare thoroughly by reviewing the content section of the Candidate Guide for their examination. (click here to order)Alcohol and Drug Counselor
IC&RC has developed practice exams to assist candidates with their exam preparation. Practice exams are available for the following programs:
|Number of Questions
|Alcohol and Drug Counselor (ADC)
|Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor (AADC)
|Clinical Supervisor (CS)
|Prevention Specialist (PS)
|Peer Recovery (PR)
Please note the following:
- There is only one version of each practice examination. Purchasing multiple exams will result in candidates taking the same examination with each purchase.
- The practice exam must be taken within 30 days of purchase.
- After your payment is processed, you will receive a receipt. This receipt will reflect the passocde needed to access the practice exam.
- You have 60 minutes to complete the practice exam.
- The practice exam must be completed once it is started. You are not able to resume at a later day.
- You will be provided with a performance report after you submit your answers by ending the quiz.
- Practice exams are non-refundable.
- Due to IC&RC Practice exam security, we do not permit candidates access to the Practice Exam questions, answer keys, or other secure materials related to the Practice Exam once the exam is completed
Links to Practice Examinations
- Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor (AADC)
- Alcohol and Drug Counselor (ADC)
- Clinical Supervisor (CS)
- Prevention Specialist (PS)
- Peer Recovery (PR)
Additional Free Resources for All Examinations back to top
Also see Free Additional Resources for many or all IC&RC examinations. Resources are listed by subject and may be relevant to study for some or all IC&RC examinations. For example, SAMHSA TIP 59, Improving Cultural Competence, might prove helpful on all IC&RC examinations.