IC&RC Exam Information
IC&RC exams can be used for the exam requirement for licensure applications with the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners (AZBBHE) and also for certification applications with ABCAC. ABCAC now provides computer based exams at testing sites in all IC&RC states and countries. Arizona testing locations are in Flagstaff and Phoenix.
To register for an exam you can either fill out the below form and pay at the bottom of the page or you can download the above IC&RC exam form and mail it in with payment of check or money order made out to ABCAC.
ABCAC accepts personal checks, cashier’s checks, money orders or you can pay below.
Please send the exam form and payment to:
P.O. Box 3266
Chandler, AZ 85244
Computer Based Testing (CBT)
- CBT is flexible and can be taken where test sites are available (Flagstaff and Phoenix). You can take an exam any day or time when there is testing site availability. To sign up for computer based testing (CBT), please send a personal check, cashier’s check or money order to ABCAC with the IC&RC form above. Once payment is received then you will be registered. When you receive confirmation by email from the testing site, you will have 6 months to take the test. You will receive your results right away with CBT and your official exam results will be mailed to you within 1-2 weeks. If you have indicated that you would like your exams sent to AZBBHE, then your exam results will be sent to them within 1-2 weeks.
- $225 for the Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor (AADC) exam, Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor (ADC) exam, Certified Clinical Supervisor (CCS) exam, Certified Prevention Specialist (CPS) exam and the Certified Criminal Justice Professional (CCJP) exam.
- $225 for each retest for above exams.
- $150 for the Certified Peer Recovery Specialist (CPRS) exam
- $150 for CPRS retests.
Exam Study Material
- Information on IC&RC approved study material is on the IC&RC exam prep website
- For those seeking licensure with the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners, you will need to take the Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor exam (AADC) for the LASAC and the LISAC applications.
- Please visit the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health examiners website for more information
Online Payments are now Available for AADC and ADC exams!
To register for either the Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor Exam (AADC) or the Alcohol and Drug Counselor Exam (ADC), please fill out and submit the below form ANDalso pay for the exam you need by clicking on a “Buy Now” button. Both the form and payment are required to register for an exam. If you have any questions or issues please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!